Katmandu living

the van de Wiel/Schou Hansen family blog


I know that my full concentration should really be in the move but the last two days have revolved more around sports than moving. It has not been a good week – First the Yankees got eliminated in the first round of the play-offs of the World Series. I know that Lieke will probably be happy with this as it was taking quite a lot of our together time (a baseball game is after all more than 3 hours long and there was a new one pretty much every day). Secondly, today it became clear that Denmark will not participate in the 2006 World Cup in Germany. This was of course not a surprise for most people (they have after all been playing pretty badly) but I was the eternal optimist until the end. So all in all, the last few days have not been good for any of the teams that I support (I will not even bring up AGF in this – I have given up on them long time ago). Anyway, to cheer me up a bit the books that we ordered on Yemen from Amazon.co.uk finally arrived today. We managed to find 3 (I repeat three) books about Yemen so it will not be reading that will take up our time in the next few months. However, with cool titles such as “Cool for Qat: A Yemeni Journey” I can’t wait to get started.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)